Have a couple of good friends who send me all sorts of funny and clever e-mail forwards… Some of them make my day! This one recently arrived in my inbox, and I have no author to give credit, but thought it would make you smile… 🙂
A young lady confidently walked around the room while discussing stress management to an audience with a raised glass of water. Everyone just knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, ‘Is it half empty or half full?’ She fooled them all and asked how heavy it was. The answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”
She continued “…and that’s the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later the burden simply becomes too heavy to bear and we won’t be able to carry on.”
As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest. When we’re refreshed, we can carry our burdens and we can deal with stress longer and better each time it’s practiced. So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. There will be another day…“
- Accept the fact that some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue!
- Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them.
- Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
- Drive carefully… It’s not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.
- If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
- Never buy a car you can’t push.
- Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won’t have a leg to stand on.
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
- The second mouse gets the cheese.
- When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
- Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
- Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
- We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
- A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
- Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.
- And lastly, save the earth….. It’s the only planet with chocolate!
Have nice day!